Girl Power Self Defense
Sometimes you have to be your own hero...
SAFETY AWARENESS TIPS TO REMEMBER
1. If a robber asks you for your wallet or purse, do not hand it to him. toss it away from you. Chances are that he is more interested in your wallet or purse than you, and he will go for the wallet/purse. Then run in the opposite direction.
2. Always take the elevator instead of the stairs if possible. Stairwells are dangerous places to be alone and the perfect crime spot. This is especially true at night.
3. When dealing in a situation when a robber has a gun pointed at you, run if you can. Always run in a zig zag pattern. It is very difficult to hit a moving target and chances are you will not be hit in a vital area.
4. Avoid walking alone at night. Instead walk with a classmate, friend, or someone you trust.
5. Always walk in well-lighted areas and avoid the use of shortcuts if not well lit. Very dangerous.
6. After dark, keep away from large bushes or doorways where someone could be lurking.
7. If someone you don't know is in a vehicle and stops and asks for directions, answer from a distance. DO NOT approach the vehicle.
8. If you feel you are being followed, go to an area with lights and people. If necessary, turn around and walk the opposite direction. Call the police.
9. Don't use headphones while walking. This is a major distraction and one that predators look for. (The unaware victim)
10. If possible, carry a cell phone at all times. If you don't have a cell phone, be knowledgeable of any type of emergency phone in the area.
STAY ALERT! Keep your eyes moving and be aware of your surroundings.